August 31st 2006 3:05 pm PT
The Xbox PR team just released some interesting data that I think some of you may find interesting. Check these numbers out!
- The Xbox Live Marketplace just passed 50 million downloads. That is double the 25 million mark from just three months ago.
- In the first week of Madden '07 releasing, Xbox Live members unlocked over 600,000 achivements and hosted more than 2-million hours of Madden gameplay.
- 'Texas Hold 'em' set a one day record as the fastest download item ever on the Marketplace. There were over 100 downloads a minute in the first 24-hours of release.
Other Xbox Live statistics:
- More than 50 million downloads of gaming and entertainment content from Xbox Live Marketplace to date
- Over 2 billion hours spent on Xbox Live by gamers across the globe since the launch of the Xbox Live online gaming network in November 2002
- More than 60 percent of Xbox 360 owners are connected to Xbox Live
- 1,300,000 text and voice messages are sent via Xbox Live every day. Currently totaling half a billion sent messages between the Xbox Live community per year, this figure is set to explode with the launch of the Xbox Live Vision camera on September 19, 2006 in the U.S.
- 65 per cent of all connected consoles already downloading and playing Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Over 8 million downloads of Xbox Live Arcade games following the launch of Xbox 360
- Over 2 billion Microsoft Points sold to date
Edit: Fixed formatting and a spelling error