Feel free let Phil know what you thought of his presentation
Content: Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Windows Phone 8.1
Game Description: Welcome to Minecraft: Pocket Edition! Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Pocket Edition includes Survival and Creative modes, multiplayer over a local Wi-Fi network, infinite worlds, caves, new biomes, mobs, villages and lots more. Craft create and explore anywhere in the world so long as you have hands spare and battery to burn. There’s never been a better time to enjoy Minecraft on the move.
Read more about Minecraft: Pocket Edition for Windows Phone 8.1 at the Xbox Wire.
Cyber Monday may be a day to find great deals online, but there’s no better deal than “free.” Over the past few years, Eminem has been the #1 artist on Xbox Music; so today we invite Windows 8 and Windows Phone users in the US to download Eminem’s newest album, Marshall Mathers LP 2, absolutely free.
If you want to watch the #XboxReveal event from your Windows Phone 8 device, download the free Live Video Player app and you can watch it on the go.
Here is the official promotional copy:
Join the Angry Birds in their biggest adventure yet! Grab your lightsaber and join the epic adventure in the legendary Star Wars universe where a group of desperate birds face off against a galactic menace: the Empires evil Pigtroopers! Use the Force, wield your lightsaber, and blast away Pigtroopers on an intergalactic journey with the Xbox game now available on Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8. May the birds be with you!
Xbox is excited to announce a great line-up of games in support of the new Windows Phone 8, which is releasing this holiday season. Building on a tradition of bringing customers games they know and love, as well as exclusive titles from Microsoft Studios, Xbox will release an initial wave of games to take advantage of this exciting new platform.
Beginning this holiday, an already robust portfolio of Xbox games including fan-favorites like Fruit Ninja, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, and ilomilo from great partners such as Rovio, Gameloft, Halfbrick, MiniClip, Glu and Microsoft Studios, will grow and continue to drive excellence in gaming and services on Windows Phone. Join us in welcoming the first set of titles from Xbox for Windows Phone 8:
- Angry Birds Space
- Angry Birds Star Wars
- Asphalt 7: Heat
- Fairway Solitaire
- Gravity Guy 2
- Ice Age Village
- Jet Pack Joyride
- N.O.V.A. 3
- Shark Dash
For more information on these titles and Xbox on Windows Phone, visit www.xbox.com/wp8games
Below is a copy of the press release we just issued.
Xbox SmartGlass will deliver new ways to enjoy entertainment in the home and on the go.
LOS ANGELES — June 4, 2012 — What if your tablet or phone knew what you were watching on TV and presented bonus features without you having to lift a finger? What if you could use your tablet to draw up a play in EA SPORTS’ “Madden NFL” and then perform it to perfection on your TV? What if you could control your favorite websites on the TV with a simple swipe, pinch or zoom on your tablet’s touchscreen?
To kick-start the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Microsoft Corp. today unveiled a bold new vision for enjoying entertainment at home and on the go with Xbox SmartGlass. Launching this year, Xbox SmartGlass is an application for Windows 8, Windows Phone, and other portable devices that connects phones, PCs and tablets with your Xbox 360 console to make your entertainment smarter, more interactive and more fun.1 The intelligence of Xbox SmartGlass makes your entertainment more engaging, Web surfing more effortless, and playing games more immersive by delivering companion content and control to enhance your TV experience.
“Xbox is on a mission to make the entertainment that you love even more amazing,” said Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “With Xbox SmartGlass, we are lighting up entertainment across your phone, tablet, PC and TV in a completely new way. If you love to play games, watch TV and movies, surf the Web, or listen to music, there has never been a better time to be on Xbox.”
Two years after the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, Microsoft unveiled the next step in its journey to make Xbox synonymous with entertainment by unveiling Xbox SmartGlass, Internet Explorer for Xbox, and new TV, movie and music offerings.
The Web Transformed for TV
Microsoft will launch Internet Explorer for Xbox this fall in all countries where Xbox and Xbox LIVE are available. Through the power of Xbox, the magic of Kinect and the intelligence of Xbox SmartGlass, you will be able to surf the Internet using your voice on your Xbox 360 and navigate using your mobile devices for an incredibly easy Web browsing experience on the television.2 Whether it is a new website you want to check out on the big screen, an HD video you want to share in your living room, or your favorite website you check daily and want to view in the 10-foot experience, you will have the power of the Web now on your TV.
Entertainment Keeps Getting Better on Xbox
Last year, Xbox added voice search powered by Bing and the power of Kinect, making it easier to find the entertainment you want. This year, voice search is expanding to 12 additional countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland.
Adding to the current catalog of customized sports, TV, movies and music apps from world-leading TV and entertainment providers, this year Xbox will continue to deliver all the content you care about in unique ways.
· Your home for sports. Microsoft announced more must-have sports experiences and content coming to Xbox this year, further establishing it as the home for sports fans everywhere.
o NBA Game Time with NBA.com League Pass Broadband (U.S.) and NBA League Pass (outside of the U.S.). Fans who subscribe to NBA.com League Pass Broadband will have access to hundreds of out of market live games (blackout restrictions apply in the U.S. and some international markets), plus highlights from around the league and up to the minute stats of your favorite players.
o NHL GameCenter LIVE™ (Worldwide except Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden). Hockey fans will be able to enjoy every moment of the live action as it happens on the ice, with live games (out-of-market and blackout restrictions apply), more in-game interactivity, and replays and highlights on demand any time.
o ESPN (U.S.). Later this year fans will enjoy 24/7 live programming through WatchESPN from ESPN Networks – ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3 and ESPN U. All the favorites, including “SportsCenter,” “SportsNation,” “The Mike and Mike Show,” as well as ESPN’s coverage of the NFL, MLB and the NBA, will be live on Xbox.
Xbox also announced regional sports provider SPORT1 coming later this year to Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
· More TV and entertainment. Today, Microsoft announced more than 35 new content partners launching on Xbox over the next 12 months, including:
- Absolute Radio –U.K.
- Ameba TV – Canada, U.S.
- BreakMedia – Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, U.K., U.S.
- Comedy Central Stand Up – U.S.
- Comoyo – Denmark, Norway, Sweden
- Corus Entertainment’s Franklin the Turtle – Canada
- GameSpot TV – Australia, Canada, U.K., U.S.
- Headweb – Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
- Indie Flix – U.S.
- Machinima – All Xbox LIVE markets
- Napster – Germany, U.K.
- Nickelodeon – U.S.
- Paramount Movies – U.S.
- Picturebox – U.K.
- Quickflix – Australia, New Zealand
- Rakuten ShowTime – Japan
- Revision3 – Canada, U.K., U.S.
- Rhapsody – U.S.
- RTL XL – Netherlands
- Slacker Radio – Canada, U.S.
- SnagFilms – U.S.
- Terra (Sunday TV) – Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
- The AOL On Network – Australia, Canada, Netherlands, U.K., U.S.
- The Weather Channel – U.S.
- The Whistle – U.S.
- TOU.TV – Canada
- TV3 – Spain
- Twitch TV – U.S.
- Univision – U.S.
- Wuaki – Spain
- Youzee – Spain
Xbox Music revealed. Microsoft showed a sneak peek of Xbox Music, an all-new music service coming to Xbox 360, Windows Phone and Windows 8-based devices.
Xbox on Windows 8
This year Xbox will bring premium entertainment experiences to more than 180 new countries around the world when Xbox on Windows 8 launches, featuring four Metro-style apps: Video, Music, Games and Xbox SmartGlass. 3
With Xbox on Windows 8, you can play games with friends and earn achievements, listen to music, and enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies wherever you go.4 And with Xbox SmartGlass, you can start a movie or TV show on your Windows 8 device and finish it on the big-screen TV.
1 Xbox SmartGlass is available with select games and Xbox LIVE content and requires Internet connectivity and compatible devices. Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately) is also required for some Xbox SmartGlass-enabled content and features. Available Xbox SmartGlass features may vary by device. See http://xbox.com/live.
2 Internet Explorer on Xbox requires Xbox LIVE Gold membership (sold separately).
3 Available content and features vary across regions.
4 Available content and features vary across devices. Games and media content sold separately.
Last week in San Francisco, we held a special media event to show off some upcoming Xbox 360, Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE Arcade, Games for Windows and Windows Phone titles. Keep any eye on the Inside Xbox channel on the Xbox 360 dashboard for the video coverage that will go up later today. Until then, here are some of the highlights from the press release:
- “Halo 4” (343 Industries) – Get an exciting first look at this year’s most anticipated blockbuster, “Halo 4,” through a behind-the-scenes video on HaloWaypoint.com. Launching worldwide this Holiday, “Halo 4” takes the iconic franchise in a bold new direction with the return of Master Chief, and the beginning of a new saga.
- “Forza Horizon” (Playground Games) – “Forza Horizon” is a fast-paced, pick-up-and-play racing game and the newest entry in the Forza Motorsport franchise. Available this Fall, the game is being created in partnership with acclaimed racing development studio Playground Games.
- “Forza Motorsport 4” (Turn 10 Studios) – Available this Spring, the Porsche Expansion Pack for “Forza Motorsport 4” will contain 30 modern and classic Porsche vehicles from the iconic German manufacturer, seven of which are new to the “Forza” franchise.
- “Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City” (Slant Six Games, Capcom) – Program the Nemesis and unleash devastating attacks on your opposing squad in an exclusive fifth online competitive multiplayer versus battle available only for Xbox 360.
- “Gears of War 3” (Epic Games) – The curb-stomping fun continues with the release of the “Forces of Nature” map pack for “Gears of War 3” on March 27. Included in the game’s Season Pass or available for 800 Microsoft Points, “Forces of Nature” will feature five maps, new characters, new weapon skins and a 250 Gamescore. Also, starting March 27, “Gears of War 3” will be available through Games on Demand.
- “Dragon’s Dogma” (Capcom) – Explore the woodlands surrounding a collapsed fortress and battle against its fearsome inhabitants, including a monstrous Cyclops, a vicious Chimera and a savage Drake Dragon. Additionally, purchasers of the Xbox 360 version of “Dragon’s Dogma” will be able to redeem a token and download the “Resident Evil 6” demo globally on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace 60 days earlier than on any other platform, starting July 3.
- “Darksiders II” (THQ/Vigil Games) – Explore non-playable character gameplay interaction with exclusive fiction reveals from the vast Makers Realm in “Darksiders II.” Fans who pre-order the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to the Limited Edition, or can pick up the Collector’s Edition.
Kinect on Xbox 360
- “Fable: The Journey” (Lionhead Studios) – From the creative geniuses at Lionhead, “Fable: The Journey” is a whole new way to experience the deep storyline, heart-pounding action and picturesque world of Albion. “Fable: The Journey” launches this Fall on Kinect for Xbox 360.
- “Mass Effect 3” (BioWare, Electronic Arts) – Step into the role of Commander Shepard and use voice controls to direct squad mates during battle and command weapon selection to quickly engage in combat. “Mass Effect 3” supports dozens of commands to interact with the world and the characters, without pausing the action.
- “Kinect Star Wars” (Microsoft Studios) – In “Kinect Star Wars,” available April 3, Star Wars fans can physically hone their Jedi skills, wield the power of the Force in their hands, pilot iconic ships and vehicles, rampage as a vicious rancor monster and dance with iconic Star Wars characters.
- “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13” (Electronic Arts) – Featuring a more immersive Masters Tournament experience as well as Kinect for Xbox 360 integration, the world’s number one golf video game is back with “Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13.”
- “Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor” (Capcom) – Launching on June 19, fight side by side with your comrades and retake Manhattan Beach from the enemy. Defend your infantry and blast every VT that crosses your path!
- “Kinect Rush: A Disney•Pixar Adventure” (Microsoft Studios) – Pixar fans will be able to scan themselves into an avatar based on their favorite character from Disney•Pixar’s "Up" and venture into the vast interior of the Spirit of Adventure. Players will also team up with characters from “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “Cars” and “Toy Story” to solve puzzles and uncover secrets.
- “Dance Central 2” (Harmonix) – Experience new add-on songs from electro-pop sensations LMFAO, including their hit single “Party Rock”.
- “Kinect Sports: Season Two” (Rare Studios, Big Park) – Launching worldwide on April 3, the all-new basketball game add-on content puts players’ basketball skills to the test by shooting, passing, and scoring with the new activities.
Xbox LIVE Arcade
- “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” (4J Studios, Mojang) – Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade in Spring 2012, “Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition” brings the global PC phenomenon to gamers for the first time on any console platform.
- “Wreckateer” (Iron Galaxy) – “Wreckateer” uses Kinect for Xbox 360 to put players in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, players can travel the land and destroy 60 castles infested with goblins using six magical projectiles.
- “Fable Heroes” (Lionhead Studios) – “Fable Heroes” delivers a fresh spin on the “Fable” franchise with an action-packed hack-and-slash adventure on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
- “Trials Evolution” (RedLynx/Ubisoft) – Coming soon are new “Trials Evolution” maps in the next dimension of the smash-hit, award-winning “Trials HD.”
- “Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD” (Robomodo, Activision) – Activision’s “Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD” for Xbox LIVE Arcade takes the best elements of “Tony Hawk Pro Skater” and “Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2” and upgrades them with sharp visuals and fresh content.
- “South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge” (South Park Digital Studios, Other Ocean Interactive) – Scott Tenorman is back and he wants revenge! Play multiplayer with Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny to take on Tenorman and his army of Ginger robots before they destroy South Park!
- “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” (Hidden Path Entertainment, Valve) – The all-new “Demolition” mode in “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” delivers a fast-paced game experience made up of tight small maps to get into the action quickly.
- “Quantum Conundrum” (Airtight Games, Square Enix) – Enter a new dimension – the heavy dimension – in the latest environment-bending feature in the quirky, first-person puzzle game “Quantum Conundrum” from Square Enix and Airtight Games.
- “Bloodforge” (Climax Studios) – “Bloodforge” combines devastating melee, ranged and magical attacks to deliver a fast-paced, bloodthirsty, brutal combat experience available exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade.
- “Deadlight” (Tequila Works) – “Deadlight,” a brand new experience for Xbox LIVE Arcade, is a narrative-driven puzzle platformer set in the post-apocalyptic 80s devastated by a zombie epidemic.
- “Diabolical Pitch” (Grasshopper Manufacture) – Available beginning April 4, Kinect for Xbox 360 turns living rooms into playing fields and the “Diabolical Pitch” is the main attraction.
- “Joe Danger: The Movie” (Hello Games) – Race jetpacks against hoverboards and skis against skidoos in all-new multiplayer modes in “Joe Danger: The Movie.”
Xbox 360 Hardware
- Xbox 360 Kinect Family Bundle – The Xbox 360 Kinect Family Bundle features everything a family needs to get started playing together. Available globally beginning February 28 for $299, the bundle includes a limited edition all-white Xbox 360 4GB console, white Kinect sensor, white Xbox 360 wireless controller, “Kinect Sports,” “Kinect Adventures,” and a three month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold—the complete Xbox 360 experience.
- “Microsoft Flight” (Microsoft Studios) – Available to download for free at www.MicrosoftFlight.com, “Microsoft Flight” is a new Windows PC game that lets players jump into the thrill of flight with no special hardware or past experience. This Spring, fans will be able to purchase the Journey to Alaska Pack, the second in a series of expansion packs for the game with over 1.2 million square miles of captivating scenery, additional missions and new aircraft.
- “Carcassone” (Microsoft Studios) – The award-winning tile-based board game “Carcassonne” is coming to Windows Phone! With the online multiplayer, Xbox LIVE achievements, leaderboards and more, this game never gets old.
- “Civilization Revolution” (2K) – Award winning Sid Meier’s “Civilization Revolution” is coming to Windows Phone! Build, Discover, Rule the world.
- “DODONPACHI” (CAVE) – An original shooter by Arcade veteran CAVE is arriving for Windows Phone. Can you handle EVAC Industries’ Maximum Bullet Simulator.
- “GeoDefense Swarm” (Microsoft Studios) – The fast-paced tower defense game “GeoDefense Swarm” for Windows Phone gives the power to obliterate a horde of vibrant, vector-styled enemies with multiple weapons of choice.
- “Gerbil Physics” (Microsoft Studios) – In “Gerbil Physics,” a physics-based puzzle game that blows up buildings made of gerbils for Windows Phone, it’s all about adorable destruction.
- “Pinball FX2” (Microsoft Studios) – “Pinball FX2” for Windows Phone features new tables and all-new features including a state-of-the-art physics model and a connection to your Xbox 360 “Pinball FX2” scores.
- “Pirates!” – Available now on Windows Phone, Sid Meier’s “Pirates!” is an exciting high-seas adventure overflowing with intense pirate action and a treasure chest of gameplay riches!
- “Pro Evolution Soccer 2012” (Konami) – This spring, the unrivalled and award-winning football simulation from Konami is entering a new season on Windows Phone!
- “Shoot 1UP!” (Microsoft Studios) – This Spring, an armada of ships is coming to Windows Phone in “Shoot 1UP.”
- “Wordament” (Microsoft Studios) – In the world of “Wordament” for Xbox LIVE, Windows Phone word searchers across the whole Internet compete on the same board, in real-time, to get the highest score.
Retail titles Xbox
LIVE Arcade titles
Good news for Windows Phone owners, the mobile fun begins February 1 when the Must Have Games promotion kicks off. Complete with Xbox LIVE Achievements, leaderboards and more, Must Have Games brings more great games to Xbox LIVE for Windows Phone.
Below are the daters and prices for this year’s line-up below.
Building on a legacy of the best downloadable games for your console and smartphone, Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party and Xbox LIVE Must Have Games are both back by popular demand and will launch this February. If you’re at CES, you can check out these games in the Microsoft booth, although you’ll have to wait just a bit longer for the full experience.
Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party
Beginning Feb. 15, Xbox LIVE will deliver four back-to-back releases of the best downloadable games, with one new title a week. Xbox LIVE Arcade House Party provides ongoing fun for you and your friends, in your living room and across the globe, bringing four more of the most highly anticipated titles to your Xbox 360 console. The latest House Party title line-up includes:
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare (Microsoft Studios): In this brand-new stand-alone experience, Alan Wake fights the herald of darkness, the evil Mr. Scratch. A thrilling new storyline, hordes of creepy enemies, serious firepower and beautiful Arizona locations, combined with a fun and challenging new game mode, make this a must for Alan Wake veterans, and the perfect jumping-on point for new players. Can you survive until sunrise?
I Am Alive (Ubisoft): One year after a worldwide cataclysmic event has wiped out most of human civilization, a man struggles for survival. Faced with an insecure, decaying and hazardous world, he scours a desolated city, searching for his long-lost wife and daughter. Survive the suffocating, murky streets covered in dust. Climb the teetering remains of last-standing skyscrapers to reach breathable air and find untouched resources. Explore the crumbling ruins of a once-thriving metropolis. Discover a changed human condition, punctuated by distrustful survivors, dangerous armed gangs and victims in need.
Nexuiz (THQ): For centuries, the Kavussari and the Forsellians have waged war. They have a fragile truce but, because of their seething disgust of each other, still pit warriors against each other in arenas rather than on the fields of war. These episodes of lethal combat are broadcast throughout the galaxy as entertainment — a spectacle known as The Nexuiz Competition — an arena-based first-person shooter where you can alter the rules of the match and the laws of physics while dominating opponents in ever-changing hostile environments.
· Warp (EA): “Warp” is a puzzle-based stealth action game where you play as Zero, a lovable-yet-lethal orange alien with a big score to settle! Captured by the villainous Commander and imprisoned in his underwater facility, Zero must plan his ultimate escape using his arsenal of alien abilities — warp, frag, echo, swap and launch.
Must Have Games for Xbox LIVE on Windows Phone
Once again, Must Have Games brings the biggest names in mobile games to Xbox LIVE for Windows Phone. Kicking off in early February, one smash title will be released each week, complete with Xbox LIVE Achievements, Leaderboards and more. The second wave of Must Have Games for gamers on-the go includes:
BulletAsylum (Microsoft Studios): Annihilate invaders with a wall of firepower in this insane arcade shooter. With an insane amount of firepower at your fingertips, vibrant graphics and an all-you-can-shoot buffet of alien hordes to destroy, “BulletAsylum” will blow you away!
Chickens Can’t Fly (Microsoft Studios): Join the ranks of our scientists and see what chickens are capable of! Countless hours of fun await you: fall down an experimental pit, avoid obstacles, use power-ups and power-downs, gather corn, and make it through to the end. Use the skills you learn to get a high score in Survival Mode and show off to your friends on the Xbox LIVE and global leaderboards.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts): It’s time to fulfill your need for speed. Drive up to 20 precision-performance cars in adrenaline-fueled showdown across 24 day-and-night tracks. Take it to the limit in 48 total Cop and Racer Career Events, collect bounty, and rise to the top of the ranks.
Splinter Cell Conviction (Gameloft): Unleash the ferocious skills of renegade agent Sam Fisher, a highly skilled Special Forces operative, and fight a corrupted secret agency to get your daughter back. Run, jump, fight and shoot using a handgun, a shotgun, an AK-47 assault rifle and a bazooka, or maintain stealth by improvising with nearby objects. You are now a renegade spy agent; you don’t follow any orders except for your own rules of engagement.
Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp (Microsoft Studios): Wage war on a tiny scale in “Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp,” which brings the fun and addictive shooting gallery mini-games from Xbox 360’s “Toy Soldiers: Cold War” to your Windows Phone.
If you read the press release put out earlier today, you probably saw the huge list of partners coming soon to Xbox 360 and may have missed the paragraph about the Xbox Companion app coming this week, so I wanted to share a few more details about it.
Starting this Tuesday, Dec. 6, the free Xbox Companion app for Windows Phone will let you find, learn more about and control content from popular entertainment services on Xbox LIVE.
This Xbox Companion app will have some cool new features to use with your Xbox 360 including:
Xbox Companion search powered by Bing. Search the unified Xbox catalog for movies, TV shows, music, games and apps using the Windows phone. View a detailed unified results page across all content providers. You can see recently played games and apps and browse the Zune video catalog
Using the Xbox Companion app you can learn more details about the movie, TV show, music or game that is playing on your console. You can also get friend activity (friends online, friends with beacons, friends who have recently played), achievements and related items. You’ll also be able to select a search result, and launch a movie, TV show, game or app on the connected console as well as play, pause, fw, rw the playing video or music on the connected Xbox,initiate media purchase and navigate your Xbox console with Windows Phone using the Xbox Companion.
The Xbox Companion is a free app that launches on Tuesday, December 6th exclusively on Windows Phone. See the screen shots here.
We’ve got so much stuff on sale, that we’re starting today. Plus, Xbox LIVE Free Users can upgrade to 12-months of Gold for 33% off the regular price.
Games on Demand prices and content availability will vary by region.
Each game has a free trial available, so try ‘em out:
Here are the details:
The headline says it all. Head over to www.myfreexbox360game.com for the details.