November 21st 2014, 9:53 am PT
Content: Pier Solar and the Great Architects
Check price and availability in your Xbox LIVE region
Game Description: Pier Solar is an RPG that tells the story of Hoston, a young botanist who is on a quest to save his father from a mysterious illness. Along with his two best friends Alina and Edessot, the three friends embark on a quest seeking a rare herb to cure the illness of Hoston’s father. Little do they know, it is the beginning of a winding journey that unravels his father’s past and the mystery of Pier Solar and the Great Architects.
November 21st 2014, 6:01 am PT
Update as of 11, November @ 7:25p ET/4:25 PT:
It is only working in console right now. Xbox.com still shows it as “not available.”
We are unlocking the standard edition of Sunset Overdrive. You will still see a purchase price for the Day One Edition and Deluxe edition.
The game is showing up for free in the Gold Lounge, so that’s probably the fastest to find it.
On the Xbox One Home Screen, clicking in the lower right slot that promotes Gold discounts will show the free Sunset offer.
Free weekend is now over! But Gold members get a 15% discount on the Day One Edition & Deluxe editions of @SunsetOverdrive now through Mon, Nov 24 midnight PT (2/2)
To celebrate the first anniversary of Xbox One’s launch, Microsoft and Insomniac Games are inviting all Xbox Live Gold members to a taste of the Awesomepocalypse.
Beginning Saturday, November 22nd at 12.01 Eastern Time, Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One will get to play Sunset Overdrive for free for 24 hours. This is the full game; players will earn achievements and be able to save how far they progress during that 24 hour span. If you decide to purchase the game at a later point, you will be able to start again right where you left off.
Sunset Overdrive’s 8-player cooperative multiplayer experience, Chaos Squad, will also be available for everyone tomorrow. Please note: Chaos Squad must be unlocked by playing a certain amount into the campaign.
After the weekend, the Insomniac Games All-Star team will showcase several new weapons that will be available soon. Tune into the Xbox Twitch channel on Monday, Nov. 24 at 10 a.m. Pacific Time to see what’s on the way.
November 21st 2014, 12:00 am PT
Content:Thomas Was Alone
Check price and availability in your Xbox LIVE region
Game Description: Thomas Was Alone is the critically acclaimed indie platformer about friendship and jumping. Guide a group of sentient rectangles through a series of environments, combining their skills to reach the end of each level. Listen to awesome music by David Housden, negotiate obstacles meticulously placed by Mike Bithell and immerse yourself in the characters’ journey with a voiceover read wistfully and amusingly by Danny Wallace. Discover the story of the world’s first sentient AIs, and how they worked together to, well… “escape” is a strong word. “Emerge” might be better. “Emerge” has an air of importance about it, while keeping a plethora of plot twists and origin stories under wraps. We didn’t even mention the bouncing. That’d be overkill.
November 20th 2014, 9:00 am PT
Remember earlier this year when I went out to the desert of New Mexico to join Director Zak Penn and get to the bottom of the legend of the ET Atari cartridges being buried? The full story can now be told in the form of “Atari: Game Over” now available for free on Xbox 360, Xbox One and Xbox Video.
It’s free and available right now, so let me know what you think after you watch it.
What the critics are saying:
“I’m quite serious when I say this is one of the best video game documentaries ever made. That’s still a pretty niche field, but Atari: Game Over belongs up there with Indie Game: The Movie and King of Kong as a real standout.” – Hayden Dingman, PC World
“After getting an advance screening this weekend, GeekWire highly recommends the film, particularly for gamers who grew up in the era of the Atari 2600 — and even more for those who didn’t, as a way of appreciating the roots of the games they play today.” – Todd Bishop, GeekWire
“Atari: Game Over is a wonderful movie. It’s a love story about video games, the people who play them and the people who make them.” – Colin Campbell, Polygon
“The hour-long film chronicles the rise and fall of Atari by literally uncovering the truth of what happened to millions of unsold ‘E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial’ videogame cartridges in 1983.” – Marc Graser, Variety
November 20th 2014, 6:01 am PT
Today, HBO GO is arriving on Xbox One in the U.S., bringing along every episode from every season of your favorite HBO shows. With HBO GO, subscribers can watch the latest episodes from shows like “True Detective,” “Game of Thrones” and “Girls,” along with your favorite hits like “Entourage” and “The Sopranos.” HBO GO on Xbox One features Kinect voice and gesture control so you can easily search the entire catalog via gestures or voice commands.
Find the HBO GO app in the Apps section of the Xbox Store.
The following TV providers authenticate HBO GO on Xbox One: AT&T, Bend Broadband, Blue Ridge Communications, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity, Cox, DIRECTV, Dish, Grande Communications, HTC Digital Cable, Massillon Cable/Clear Picture, Mediacom, Midcontinent Communications, RCN, Suddenlink, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, and Wow! For more information on cable providers to authenticate the HBO GO app, please visit HBO’s website.
November 19th 2014, 12:00 pm PT
Saturday, November 22, marks the official one year anniversary of Xbox One. It’s been an unbelievable year, but we never would have gotten to this point without our incredible fans. We want to thank you for being a part of an amazing 12 months by celebrating with you all weekend long.
First, if you’re in one of our original 13 markets and have opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails*, you’ll receive a personalized email detailing what you’ve accomplished since Xbox One launched last November. Here’s a look at some of the community achievements made on Xbox One this past year:
- Overall, the total community Gamerscore earned on Xbox One is more than 11 billion
- Fans spent more than 2 billion hours playing games on Xbox One
- The top four most popular achievements unlocked include:
But that’s not all! To show our appreciation for your loyal and continued support for Xbox One, we’ll have several gifts available for our fans, celebrating one year on Xbox One. Beginning Friday, everyone** will get:
- A Year One Gamer Picture
- New Xbox One backgrounds: A special Year One background as well as an exclusive Day One background for those who unlocked the Day One achievement
- A Year One background image for use on Twitter, your desktop, etc.
- A free rental of “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” (for a limited time)
- A free rental of “Dragon Ball Z: Battle of the Gods” movie and a sampler pack of “Dragon Ball Z” TV episodes (for a limited time, available in the U.S. and Canada only)
And in addition, fans will be selected at random to receive a special gift from us. The full list of possible gifts include:
- Xbox One Limited Edition Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Bundle
- Xbox One Special Edition Sunset Overdrive Bundle
- One month membership for Xbox One-exclusive EA Access service
- Tiger Shark cash card for Grand Theft Auto V, worth $200,000 in-game GTA Online dollars
- Forza gift pack with Forza RallyCross hat, Lamborghini Huracán 1/24 scale replica, and Xbox One Controller (launch team edition) signed by Tanner Foust, host of Top Gear America, Global RallyCross champion and professional stunt driver
- Forza Horizon 2 Limited Edition Casio G-Shock Men’s Black Multi-Function Digital Sports Watch
- Grand Theft Auto V gift pack with the Los Santos Sheriff Trucker cap, Michael, Franklin and Trevor Posters, and a Grand Theft Auto V sticker pack
- Xbox Live Gold 12-month membership digital code
- Killer Instinct Season 1 Combo Breaker Pack, the retail version of Killer Instinct Xbox One’s first season and includes all eight season one characters: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Sadira, Orchid, and Spinal. Also includes Fulgore DLC character.
- Special limited edition Nissan 370Z, featuring a custom Casio livery for Forza Horizon 2
- Air Vehicle shortcut for Battlefield 4 for immediate access to all available unlocks for helicopters and jets available in the main Battlefield 4 game
- Arno’s French Rapier for Assassin’s Creed Unity to improve your combat skills
- 75 Platinum in Warframe
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Costume Pack for Peggle 2
- Epic Quest Table in Pinball FX2
- Dance Central Spotlight (full game token)
- Project Spark Premium – 15 days: Grants 2x gain of Spark XP, credits, and champion XP, as well as the ability to purchase new token-only content for earned in-game credits
While we’re just getting started in some markets, we remain committed to all of our incredible fans worldwide and we’re so grateful for your support over the last year. Thank you for helping us celebrate this incredible milestone.
*The achievements celebration email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased prior to October 1, 2014, in our 13 launch markets who opted in to receive Xbox Marketing emails prior to Nov 11, 2014, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One. You can see which email address (if any) you have opted in, by signing in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com, clicking your Gamertag in the upper right, then Profile > Privacy Settings > Contact Preferences.
**The Year One Celebration gift box email will be sent to Xbox One customers who purchased the console between 11/22/13 – 11/11/14, in our 13 launch markets, are 17 years or older and have 10+ hours of usage on Xbox One.
November 19th 2014, 9:55 am PT
Game Description: To pre-order this game please select one of the pre-order editions from the Xbox Store. XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 12/2/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 12:01 AM EST ON THE RELEASE DATE.
The Crew is a revolutionary action-driving MMO that connects players online like never before. The Crew takes you and your friends on a wild ride across a massive, open-world recreation of the United States that is richly detailed and loaded with endless challenges. Generous in content and tailored for the connected generation, The Crew is the next-gen game that redefines action-driving.
There are 2 versions of The Crew available for pre-order – the Limited Edition and the the Gold Edition. Click each link for more details or see below.
- Xbox One The Crew Limited Edition, available starting today for $59.99 includes the standard game, and get access to all the pre-order bonus: 10,000 Crew Credits, and the MINI COOPER S and Street Edition Pack containing : -A full set of custom parts (front bumper, rear bumper, motor hood, rear wing). -A full set of performance parts (motor core, tires, suspension, weight reduction, chassis, brakes, anti-roll bars, differential, engine, exhaust, ecu, carb, charger, gear box), and an exclusive sticker created by the community
- Xbox One The Crew Gold Edition, available starting today for $84.99 includes the game and the Season Pass.
November 19th 2014, 12:02 am PT
Content: Never Alone
Check price and availability in your Xbox LIVE region
Game Description: Gather close and I will tell you an unipkaaq, a story that has been passed to me from generations past. I learned this tale from Nasruk many years ago. He told me that there is great wisdom in listening for those who are willing to hear. Remember, when you are part of the Iñupiat people, you are never alone. This is a story inspired by Kunuuksaayuka. The story of an endless blizzard that threatens the survival of our people. A story of a dangerous and cold journey at the top of the world. A story of bravery and true friendship. Come play my story. You are Girl and Fox, crossing dangerous lands, facing icy peril. Meet fantastic creatures and visit lost villages. Discover the mysteries and beauty of the helping spirits that are hidden in the world around us. Work together to overcome the challenges and obstacles that Nature will throw against you. Alone you cannot survive. But together you just might – if you can use each other’s strengths wisely and you refuse to surrender to the wind and snow and dangers that stalk the frozen North. Succeed and you will restore balance to the land. Fail and all will be lost. Never Alone is an atmospheric puzzle platformer for 1- or 2-players built in partnership with the Alaska Native community. It delves deeply into the traditional lore of the Iñupiat people of the Arctic to present a game experience like no other.