I just got this press release in my inbox. I figured I’d post it up while we all wait for Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the forums to come back online. (BTW: It’s going well…we’re getting there.)
Press Release Below:
May 2, 2006
Xbox Live Invites All Global Gamers to Jump In to the E3 experience
For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 the biggest video game event of the year to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week. From 12:01am PDT Monday May 8 11:59pm PDT Sunday May 14, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcoms Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.
During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:
- Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
- Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Dead or Alive : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
- The Lord of the Rings , The Battle for Middle Earth II (EA Los Angeles)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
- Moto GP 06 (THQ)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
- Splinter Cell Double Agent (Ubisoft)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
- Viva Piata (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced
- Call of Duty2 New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3
Verizon rewards gamers in the U.S.
Building on the success of the Xbox Live Free Gold Weekend partnership, Verizon will be presenting gamers in the U.S. with a free full week of Xbox Live Gold access and sponsoring the Xbox.com E3 coverage for the week. In addition to this, Verizon will be sponsoring the giving away of a million Microsoft points. For more information about the week long programming and giveaway, US gamers should check out www.xbox.com/e32006 and www.richerdeeperbroader.com/xbox/.
European football fans getting a boost from adidas
As well as bringing E3 right into their homes, soccer loving Xbox 360 owners in Europe can also take advantage of the Xbox Live Football Free-For-All, sponsored by adidas, taking place at the same time. This is a week-long schedule of activities on Xbox Live that celebrates all things football in a non-stop, connected world gamers in European countries should check out www.Xbox.com for more details.
Stay tuned to the Xbox Live Calendar pages on Xbox.com for more information on the schedule of events taking place during E3 Bringing It Home week. Sign up for Xbox Live and Bring E3 Home on your Xbox 360, because remember, membership does have its privileges!