I am (finally) headed home today. It's been a helluva two weeks. So allow me to hit just a few of the highlights:
- We produced 11 videos in three days from the Tokyo Game Show and 8 videos in two days from X'06.
- Traveled over 17,000 thousand miles in less 12-days. I circled the globe completely (a first for me.) Another first: Part of the trip was in a Cargo plane.
- You can buy almost anything at a vending machine in Tokyo (yes, those are Uno cards)
- X'06 was packed with announcements, including:
- We announced the HD-DVD Pricing and bundle
- I now know the best way to spend 200 yen at Narita Airport.
- The Xbox 360 will have an update that will allow it to support 1080p
- The Japanese are getting a the core system and Blue Dragon which could bring a lot of Japanese comnsumers onto the Xbox 360 platform
- I made a mental note to get Peter Jackson on a future podcast
- Everything taste better with an egg on top
- I need to bring my DS to the next time I am invited to a Sony briefing
- I need to let my hair grow when Guitar Hero for the Xbox 360 is released
- When I travel, I like to shoot photos that would make good desktop images on my computer.
This one was taken from the window of my 747 as it rolled into position for take off at Narita airport.
I am sure I'll think of more, so listen for a full recap on my next show, including my comments on some of the games I saw/played with over the past two-weeks. Speaking of shows, I am not sure if I'll do one this week since I really need to catch up on sleep Sunday. Also, I will get some of the videos we did for Xbox.com transcoded into iPod-ready formats and post those next week. BTW: I created a video iPod RSS feed for any future iPod videos I produce. Gotta run…boarding time.
Posted at Terminal A of Barcelona Airport.
Edit: I corrected some grammar and Halo Wars during my layover in Amsterdam. Time to get back on a plan now… 🙁
Edit: Yup…too tired. No show today.