As we head into the weekend, I have a ton of stuff to post and I figured it would be easiest to roll them up in one easy to digest post:
- First of all, congratulations to the following folks who won codes to unlock the full versions of Commanders: Attack of the Genos and Switchball. They were just three of the thousand or so people that correctly answered the trivia questions in last weeks show:
x TRAILofDEAD x
- And while I am on the subject of shows, there will be no show this Sunday as I have a large Spring Cleaning list at home that needs attention. Ill be back on the air next week. Since there is no show, let me provide some alternative distractions:
- Hey, someone got Hip-Hop in my Chessmaster! Proving that it isnt just politics that makes strange bedfellows, this weekend is the ChessMaster Live: Hip-Hop weekend. Apparently there are prizes.
- If you are looking for a good movie to watch this weekend (and you live in the U.S.) check out the Oscar-winning No Country For Old Men now available in HD from the Video Marketplace. This is one of my favorite moves from last year, and well worth the timeespecially in HD.
- Also, the Video Marketplace section on Xbox.com has received a face lift! You can now get detailed information on the movies and TV episodes available for download from Xbox LIVE.
- FPS DLC Reminder: COD4 maps are out now, and the Halo 3 maps drop this Tuesday.
- I have been working on a blogroll page that shows a list of what blogs and sites I read on a regular basis. This page is a work in progress, so let me know if you have any sites I should include. I am actually using the share function of BloglineI wish Google Reader had a simliar feature that allowed me to share my entire list, as opposed to specific items.
In the spare time I do find this weekend, Ill try to jump in and hit COD4, BFBC or Ikaruga. For reasons unkown, I also have the itch to (re) play BioShock. Maybe its Pavlovian since I have been using the game audio I posted last week on my mobile phone.
The weekend is off to a good start: On my way to work this morning, I stopped and chatted with the Verizon crew down the street from me to see what is going on with the fiber they are laying in my neighborhood. From what I can gather from the conversation, I may be riding the light by the end of the year.
Thats all for now.see you on LIVE this weekend.