I just checked the internal data for our Black Friday numbers* and wanted to let you know that over the Holiday weekend:
- Xbox 360 sold more than 750,000 consoles in the U.S. alone –exceeding internal forecasts.
- Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription sales increased more than 50 percent compared to last year’s Black Friday week.
- We saw incredible activity on Xbox over the weekend. For example, on Sunday alone we had more than 14 million people on Xbox LIVE across the world, racking up more than 72 million hours of use in just one day.
- Compared to 2011, we’ve seen a 43 percent increase in U.S. entertainment application hours logged on Xbox LIVE during the week of Black Friday.
* Sunday, Nov. 18 – Friday, Nov. 23
Update: Clarified some of the wording