Above is a quick video showing you some of the features of the Twitch broadcasting app for Xbox One and how it is integrated into the system. I’ve been using the app all week to broadcast gameplay, so if you want to see what the quality of the audio and video is, then watch out some of my past broadcasts on my Twitch channel.
Twitch Broadcasting will be available for all Xbox One owners next week. To ensure you can get started right away, here are a few steps you can take now to be sure you are ready to go on the air:
How to Prepare for Twitch Broadcasting
From your computer:
- Go online to www.twitch.tv and sign up for a Twitch account.
- In Settings, go to Channel & Videos and select Archive Broadcasts.
On your console:
- Sign into your Xbox One console and download the Twitch app.
- You can customize your picture-in-picture to broadcast both your gameplay and yourself through Kinect.
- In your Profile, make sure your presence is set to “online”
- In the Settings app under “Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast gameplay” is set to “Allow.”
- Also in the Settings app under“ Privacy and Online Safety,” make sure the option to “Share content made using Kinect” is set to “Allow.”
- In the Settings app under “Preference,” check “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR Uploads”
- In the Settings app under “Kinect,” check “Kinect on” and to include Kinect audio in your broadcast check “Use Kinect microphone for chat.”