I want to thank all of the Xbox fans who contributed to our record-setting holiday and making 2014 such a successful year. The Xbox One deals were quite popular and have inspired a new promotion starting January 16 where fans in the U.S. can buy an Xbox One for $349 at their preferred retailer.
Some interesting statistics about 2014:
• Xbox 360 became the best-selling seventh generation console of all time in the U.S.
• In 2014, users logged nearly 8 billion hours globally in apps across Xbox 360 and Xbox One, a
50 percent increase from time spent in 2013.
• Xbox One became the best-selling console in the U.S. in November and December and weekly average sales during these months outpaced Xbox 360 by 50 percent at the same point in its lifecycle.*
• Xbox One also sold more games throughout November and December in the U.S. than any other current-generation platform.*
• From November 24 to January 3, fans spent more time playing on Xbox than they ever have before, at any point in the history of Xbox.
• In the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta alone, 18 million games have been played to date.
The Xbox Wire has a great year in review summary and what to expect in 2015, including a few upcoming console titles and the future of PC gaming on Windows 10. You can find that article here.
* According to NPD Group