Today, we’re starting to roll out several feature updates inspired by your feedback to the broader community. These features launched to Xbox Insiders last month, and we’re excited for the broader community to start using them today. Over the past few months, we’ve released brand new features including Beam broadcasting through the Guide on Xbox One and the Game bar on Windows 10, the Beam viewing app to watch streams on Xbox One, Game Mode on Windows 10, and a preview of Xbox Game Pass. In addition to adding exciting new features, the team has been hard at work continuing to update existing features based on what we hear from you at Xbox Feedback.
Before jumping into a summary of what’s starting to roll out today, we wanted to share that we’re still preparing to release World of Tanks tournaments on Xbox One, created by ESL and powered by Arena on Xbox Live to select Xbox Insiders soon. The team is continuing to refine and evolve the feature so we can gather the feedback we need while it’s in preview to make sure it’s a great experience when it rolls out broadly.
The team is also still working hard to ship several other features to the broader community, including the ability to select the audio input and output sources for Party chat on the Xbox app for Windows 10, Kinect auto-zoom for Beam and Twitch broadcasts, and Captive Portal support for wireless internet on your Xbox One. We’ll have more news to share soon, so stay tuned!
Now, here’s what’s starting to roll out today on Xbox One:
Profile and Activity Feed
- New ‘Join broadcast’ button in your profile, one of the many ways to access the game stream of someone broadcasting their gameplay.
- In your Activity Feed, we’re adding the ability to hide individual posts, pin posts to the top of your feed, and filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
- Achievement hunters, this one is for you! You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- We’re adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
- When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- In ‘My Games and Apps,’ we’re adding the ability to filter your game library by platform – Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The team is really excited for you to try out all of the updated and new features, and please let us know what you think at Xbox Feedback. Thank you!