We tried a Hangout On Air yesterday. Below is the archive of the full hour and sixteen minutes. Not sure how often we’ll do this. It certainly won’t replace the podcast, but it may be perfect for those weeks when we can’t all get together in the same place. Tell us what you think in the comments
Content: Rayman Origins – Demo
Availability: Check availability in your Xbox LIVE region
Dash Text: Download the demo of Rayman Origins and immerse yourself in this gorgeous 2D platfomer! Explore the lands of the Gibberish Jungle and Gourmand Land and discover or rediscover the magical universe and legendary 2D gameplay that captured the hearts of millions of fans.
Content: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster Demo
Availability: Check availability in your Xbox LIVE region
Dash Text: Jump into a storybook adventure with the Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster demo. From innovative game developer Double Fine Productions comes a storybook adventure of whimsical discovery and outrageous fun, featuring popular Sesame Street characters and quirky, new monsters! This Controller-free gaming experience is full of life lessons, like building friendships, sharing and conquering fears. Perfect for kids, and fun for the entire family! Drop-in/drop-out co-op is ideal for parent/child or sibling play. Join the fun! Full game coming October 2011 exclusively on Kinect™ for Xbox 360®.
Looking for FM4 information? Check out this press release that should get you ready for more Forza Motorsport 4 news at E3.
Gear up for the highly anticipated launch of “Forza Motorsport 4” by pre-ordering today
This fall, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation returns with “Forza Motorsport 4”, the biggest racing game of the year. Starting today, fans can pre-order the game at U.S. retailers for $59.99 (US ERP). For even more incentive to pre-order, Turn 10 Studios confirmed today that fans who pre-order “Forza Motorsport 4” at participating U.S. retailers will receive a token to unlock one of the following five cars, while supplies last:
• Available at Amazon.com– Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
• Available at Best Buy– BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
• Available at GameStop– Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
• Available at Wal-Mart– MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
• Available at Target – Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.
This same list of cars is available in other regions worldwide and more information for those regions is coming soon.
Rev up for the Limited Collector’s Edition
For “Forza” fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector’s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector’s Edition will offer.
Be one of the first to purchase “Forza Motorsport 4” and receive the “Ship Bonus” car pack
A limited quantity of “Forza Motorsport 4” games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of “Forza Motorsport 4” game discs, will include:
• Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
• Koenigsegg Agera 2011: “The Agera–from the Swedish verb “to act”–celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.”
• Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225hp I6-powered engine.
• RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
• Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
Prepare to hit the road in a Ferrari 458 Italia, the “Forza Motorsport 4” cover car
Today Turn 10 Studios is also revealing that the cover car for the standard edition of “Forza Motorsport 4” is the Ferrari 458 Italia. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an 8-cylinder two-seater berlinetta with a mid-rear mounted engine, and represents a genuine break with the past in terms of Maranello’s previous high-performance sports cars. The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modeled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.
“The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ‘Forza Motorsport 4’ hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track,” said Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Turn 10 Studios. “We’ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.”
<end of press release>
Keep an eye on http://ForzaMotorsport.net for more details
During the move to WordPress, a special page type was was created for the podcast.
Unfortunately, there is a slight issue with it appearing on the main page or enabling comments on that template.
So for this week, please use this post to discuss today’s show. We’ll get it fixed for next week!
Update: The iTunes and Zune feed are currently not taking the new show. You can either download it from the page above, or wait a day or so until we get it fixed. Sorry about this!
Update: The iTunes and Zune feed have been fixed. The latest show should now appear.
Here is a look at some of the upcoming content scheduled for the Xbox LIVE Marketplace.* See blog post I’ll make for many of these for pricing and/or regional availability and follow me on Twitter for updates.
|Xbox LIVE Arcade||Release Date||Price Microsoft Points|
|Full House Poker||16-Mar||800|
|Islands of Wakfu||30-Mar||800|
|Seisou Kouki Strania||30-Mar||800|
|Rush ‘N’ Attack Ex-Patriot||30-Mar||800|
|Deal of the Week**||Discount Dates||Price Microsoft Points|
|Sonic 4: Episode I||March 22 – March 27||800|
|A World of Keflings||March 29 – April 3||400 (50% off)|
|Worms 2: Armageddon||March 29 – April 3||400 (50% off)|
|Worms 2: Battle Pack||March 29 – April 3||200 (50% off)|
|Raskulls||March 29 – April 3||400 (50% off)|
|Games on Demand||Release Date|
|Call of Juarez||22-Mar|
|Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs||22-Mar|
|Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2||29-Mar|
|Games on Demand||Price Reduction Date|
|Halo: Reach||ONE WEEK ONLY – March 15-21|
|Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix)||15-Mar|
|Avatar Marketplace||Release Date|
|MLB 2K11 collection||24-Mar|
|Zombie Pets collection||31-Mar|
*Current schedule. Subject to change. All content may not be available in all Xbox LIVE regions.
This week, Xbox LIVE Gold members can save on the following Xbox LIVE Arcade titles until Monday, March 21st:
|St. Paddy’s Day||Normally||Deal Price||Savings|
|Lips – "Chasing Cars"||160||80||50%|
|Rock Band – "Bad Luck"||160||80||50%|
|Rock Band – Green Day Pack 01||440||220||50%|
|Lips – "Some Guys Have All The Luck"||160||80||50%|
|Clover: A Curious Tale||400||200||50%|
|Green Shamrock Tee||80||40||50%|
|Red Dead Redemption Irish T-Shirt||80||40||50%|
|Celtics Jersey (NBA2K11)||240||120||50%|